Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Book review: Risen - The Novelization of the Major Motion Picture by Angela Hunt


I love books that “put me there” in the midst of the story, especially at Christmas and Easter.  Risen, by Angela Hunt, does just that.  It is about a tribune in the Roman army who is there at the crucifixion and burial of Christ, then is assigned to investigate the disappearance of his body three days later.  He is amused by the testimonies people give of their association with Jesus, and is perplexed by the mystery, until he meets Jesus himself.

This book is the novelization of the movie of the same title, released in early 2016.  At this writing, I have not seen the movie, so I cannot compare the two.  However, I know the account of the Easter story well, and when this book kept me asking, “What happens next?” you know it’s a good book.  Angela Hunt tells a compelling story that is full of well-researched details of the time.  The characters are well-developed, and the story is fast-paced.

I give this book a 5-star rating and recommend it for women and men.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Bethany House, in exchange for my honest review, which I have given.

About the author:


The author of more than 100 published books and with nearly 5 million copies of her books sold worldwide, Angela Hunt is the New York Times bestselling author of The Note, The Nativity Story, and Esther: Royal Beauty. Romantic Times Book Club presented Angela with a Lifetime Achievement Award in 2006. In 2008, Angela completed her PhD in Biblical Studies in Theology. She and her husband live in Florida with their mastiffs. She can be found online at www.angelahuntbooks.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment