Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Book review: More for Girls Only! Devotions


I want to encourage my children to develop the good habit of spending time with God and His Word on a regular basis.  More for Girls Only!  Devotions is a very useful tool to that end.  There are about 60 different devotions that begin with a Bible verse to set the theme, then a story that girls can relate to to make the point of the Bible verse.  Girls then read through a quiz to see how they’re doing in that area, with encouragement about how to do better.  There is a “Things to Do” section, which offers ways to apply what they’ve learned.  Finally, there are more Scripture verses and quotes to further emphasize the lesson.  This devotional is just right for its intended audience, girls 8-12 years old.  The entire book has pink text and contemporary illustrations, plus “girlie” doodles throughout.  I thought that each devotion was thoughtfully put together, with stories that are meaningful about how we should live our lives, treat others, and be in relationship to God.  My twelve-year-old daughter is looking forward to getting her hands on this book!

I received a copy of this book from the publisher, Tyndale House, in exchange for my honest review, which I have given.

No comments:

Post a Comment