Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Book review: To Capture Her Heart by Rebecca DeMarino



1653 Long Island.  Settled by Dutch, English, and native tribes, there was turmoil and unrest.  Dutch Lieutenant Dirk Van Buren and English settler Ben Horton both vie for the heart of Heather Flower, a Montaukett Indian princess.  As the Dutch, English, and Indian nations work for peaceful solutions to their differences, each man and Heather Flower must search their own hearts to find God’s path for their lives. 

Throughout the story, strong themes of community, sacrifice, and perseverance came through.  After Heather Flower was rescued from the warring tribe that kidnapped her and killed her husband, she chose to live with her aunt near the town of Southold.  There she was embraced and lovingly brought into the community.  She was hardworking and always willing to help, even though she was brought up as a princess.

Author Rebecca DeMarino’s ancestors once again are the characters in this historical romance, the second book of The Southold Chronicles.  This is a lovely book that will charm those who love to immerse themselves in another time and place.

I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher, in exchange for my honest review, which I have given.

About the author:




Rebecca DeMarino writes love, legends, and lore as a historical romance author and lives in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.  She inherited her love of baking and gardening from her mother, a love of horses, reading, and writing from her dad, and the wanderlust gene from both parents.  Her travels have taken her from Alaska to Nebraska and Florida, from Long Island to England and Italy, and from Washington, DC to Texas, California, and Guam.  But usually you can find her at home, enjoying her grandchildren and baking crisp little ginger cakes.  Learn more at rebeccademarino.com.


4 comments:

  1. I like your review. I just got my book in the mail and I am going to begin reading it tonight. This is the first time I am doing a book review for someone so I was so glad to see your review so I will have an idea of what to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed you did other book reviews for authors. How did you find out about all of them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found out about other opportunities mostly by following the authors on Facebook or subscribing to their newsletters. I'm also part of a reading group on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete